As we return to in-person activities, the Cardinal Shehan School is excited to share the news of the return of Basketball!
Update - 2/9/2022
Because of the uncertainty of the CYO league (i.e. suspension of league play and the CSS after-school activities pause) which was due the unpredictable pandemic team uniforms were not ordered and refunds will be given to the parents during Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, of your child's practice sessions. Please see Lynne Matthew.
Update - 12/2/2021
Below is the Game Schedule
|12/5/2021||Cardinal Shehan vs. Immaculate Conception||@ Cathedral|
|12/12/2021||Cardinal Shehan vs. Immaculate Heart of Mary||@ Cathedral|
|12/19/2021||Cardinal Shehan vs. St. Michael - St. Clement||@ Cathedral|
|01/09/2022||Cardinal Shehan vs. St. Ursula||@ Cathedral|
|01/16/2021||Cardinal Shehan vs. BYE||@ Cathedral|
|12/11/2021||Cardinal Shehan vs. St. Ursula||@ Immaculate Conception School|
|12/18/2021||Cardinal Shehan vs. Cathedral||@ Immaculate Conception School|
|01/08/2022||Cardinal Shehan vs. BYE||@ Immaculate Conception School|
|01/15/2022||ICS vs. Cardinal Shehan||@ Immaculate Conception School|
|01/22/2022||St. Margaret vs. Cardinal Shehan||@ Immaculate Conception School|
|12/05/2021||St. Ursula vs. Cardinal Shehan||@ St. Ursula|
|12/12/2021||Cardinal Shehan vs. Cathedral||@ St. Ursula|
|12/19/2021||Cardinal Shehan vs. St. Margaret||@ St. Ursula|
|01/02/2022||Cardinal Shehan vs. IHM||@ St. Ursula|
|01/09/2022||Cardinal Shehan vs. ICS||@ St. Ursula|
|12/04/2021||Cathedral II vs. Cardinal Shehan||@ Cathedral|
|12/11/2021||ICS vs. Cardinal Shehan||@ Cathedral|
|12/18/2021||Cathedral I vs. Cardinal Shehan||@ Cathedral|
|01/08/2022||St. Joseph vs. Cardinal Shehan||@ Cathedral|
|01/15/2021||SJF vs. Cardinal Shehan||@ Cathedral|
|12/03/2021||Cardinal Shehan vs. Cathedral||@ IHM|
|12/10/2021||St. Joseph Fullerton vs. Cardinal Shehan||@ IHM|
|12/17/2021||Mother Seton vs. Cardinal Shehan||@ IHM|
|01/07/2022||St. Michael-St. Clement vs. Cardinal Shehan||@ IHM|
|01/14/2022||Immaculate Conception vs. Cardinal Shehan||@ IHM|
|School Name||School Address|
|School of the Cathedral||111 Amberly Way, Baltimore, MD 21210|
|Immaculate Conception School||112 Ware Avenue, Towson, MD 21204|
|St. Ursula School||8900 Harford Road, Baltimore, MD 21234|
|Immaculate Heart of Mary School||8501 Loch Raven Blvd., Towson, MD 21286|
Update - 11/30/2021
All paperwork and fees are due Wednesday Dec. 1st. The students who do not have a CSS basketball uniform must wear their PE uniforms to the games. After the Dec. 1st deadline, uniforms will be ordered for those who have paid.
CYO Safety Precautions
- Everyone coming into the gym must wear a mask. Players and officials will have the option of not wearing a mask during the game.
- Only one person can accompany a player to the game.
- Players, coaches and spectators should all carry a small container of hand sanitizer with them.
- Players need to carry a backpack to hold their water bottles, hand sanitizer, mask and any other item they will need at the game. You cannot use the water fountains at the game site.
- Players should put their coat, jacket or sweatshirt on the bench and sit on that during the game.
- Players make sure that after the game you take all your belongings. Using the backpack should help keeping everything together.
- Players after the game you will not line up to congratulation the other team. Just say good game from your bench area.
- Any player who does not feel well the day of a game should not come. Parents I know that your child wants to play even if they don’t feel well. Don’t let them come.
- Coaches do not let any player come to a game who has any symptoms of illness.
- Coaches make sure there is only one person with each player and they have a mask on.
- Players and coaches should not arrive at the gym earlier then fifteen minutes before game time.
- If a player tests positive for COIVD the coach must notify any other players they may have been in close contact with them when symptoms started.
- Because of the tight schedule for games we will not be able to make up games if a team misses a game because of COVID.
The deadline for submitting the $65 uniform fee has been extended to Tuesday Nov. 23, 2021. Please submit fees to Ms. Smith by 12 noon on Tuesday. Every student must have a Cardinal Shehan Basketball uniform to play.
Rosters & Schedules
Practice will be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:00pm-6:10pm.
Coaches: M. Sykes & J. Sykes
Practice will be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:20pm-7:30pm.
Coaches: Johnson & Durant
Practice will be held on Mondays and Wednesdays from 5:00pm-6:10pm.
Coaches: Beverly & Miles
Practice will be held on Mondays and Wednesdays from 6:20pm-7:30pm.
Coaches: Faulkner & Jackson
Practice will be held on Tuesdays 7:40pm-8:50pm and Fridays from 5:00pm-6:10pm
Coaches: Mobley & Matthews
In order to qualify for the teams, students must try out. Tryouts will be held on:
Tuesday, October 26
Thursday, October 28
Friday, October 29
|Time||Tuesday, October 26||Thursday, October 28||Friday, October 29|
|5pm-6:45pm||8-10 Girls||8-10 Boys||12-14 girls|
|Coaches||Sykes & Sykes||Beverly & Miles||K. Fields & R. Fields|
|7pm-8:45pm||10-12 Boys||10-12 Girls||12-14 Boys|
|Coaches||Faulkner & Jackson||Johnson & Durant||Mobley|
Basketball tryouts will be closed - only students who are trying out will be allowed in the gym at that time.
Please drop your student(s) off at the side entrance of the gym, and pick them up promptly at the end of their tryout time.
Students must be wearing a mask when in the building.
If you have any questions, please contact Lynne Matthews at 443-255-1657.